Club Championship Games Regulations
July 23, 2020
Ahead of upcoming championship games, clubs are reminded that Cork GAA have adopted the attached national regulations in full, as previously circulated.
Please read in details as most queries are answered here.
Please also note the following main points.
- Only a maximum of 24 players (starting 15 and nine-panel members) shall be allowed within the pitch enclosure during the playing of the game. Panel members can rotate between inside and outside of the pitch enclosure. As per rule, there is no limit on the size of a club match day panel as long as all have matchday tickets.
- A maximum of five (football) & seven (hurling) Team Officials shall be allowed within the pitch enclosure during the playing of our games. It is suggested that these should be:
- One Bainisteoir
- One Maor Fóirne
- Two Medics
- One Club Official
- Two Maor Caman (Hurling Only)
- Subs and Team officials should be positioned on opposite sides of the pitch to allow for government guidelines around social distancing to be followed.
- The use of Dugouts is discouraged, but they may be used provided the government guidelines around social distancing are followed (currently 2m between each person)
- Maor Uisce (Water Carriers) are not permitted in either Football or Hurling.
- One water break will take place between the 15th & 20thminute in each half at the referee’s discretion.
- Two Maor Caman (Hurley Carriers) are permitted in hurling, but are not allowed to carry water into the players and may enter the field of play only with a replacement hurley when necessary.
- The referee has the authority during the game to send any person in breach of the regulations to the stand/outside the pitch enclosure and such person cannot be replaced.
- Covid-19 guidelines issued to players and team officials.
- CCCC will draw up new Inter-County Match Regulations in advance of the Inter-County Championship based on the latest Covid-19 guidelines – in the interim, the guidelines in the attached should pertain. Counties should also note that as Covid-19 continues to be a fluid situation, C.C.C.C may recommend further changes to deal with particular issues in the coming weeks.
Please note that all personnel require a matchday ticket.