Ballygarvan GAA Safe Return To Training
June 25, 2020
Ballygarvan GAA Club – Safe Return to Training CoVid 19 update 25/06/20.
It is a mandatory requirement that each team have an identified CoVid Supervisor. If you do not know who your team CoVid Supervisor is, please contact your Team Manager or Lead Coach.
Each player must have the following in place before resuming training / activity on the club grounds.
1) Completed the elearning module https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19learning
2) Completed the health questionnaire https://gaacork.ie/2020/06/22/health-questionnaire-information-for-clubs/ .
3) Be a registered club member. All health information, ongoing mandatory health declarations and essential information for contact tracing in line with public health guidelines will be using the GAA Registration platform in the event of a confirmed or suspected CoVid outbreak within the club.
Please send copy / screenshot of the elearning cert and health questionnaire completion / confirmation to your team CoVid Supervisor in advance of attending training. This will be strictly enforced to protect your health and the health of all club members in accordance with the GAA guidelines to a safe return to play. The 3 tasks above must be completed before you will be allowed to train. If you complete the elearning module as a family, please put all names of the family who completed the module on the one certificate.
Access to facilities:
Players will have access to hand wash and hand sanitizers at the club.
Each Team will have a supply of antibacterial sprays to clean training equipment.
Each Team will have an individual supply of antibacterial hand gel.
Each team will have access to a protective mask / gloves if social distancing cannot be maintained e.g. treating an injured player.
Each team will have access to an isolation room in the event that a player suddenly becomes ill.
All other club facilities will remain closed for the initial opening up phase. Dressing rooms are not to be used. The main car park will be closed and access to the club is pedestrian access only. Car parking will be facilitated inside the main gate parallel to Pitch 1.
Role of the CoVid Supervisor on each Team:
- First Training Session - Establish that each player / mentor has completed the three mandatory tasks above.
- Keep an accurate record of all attendees at a training session.
- Remind each player that they have to reconfirm their health status on the GAA website before attending all subsequent training sessions.
- Remind all players that they are not to attend training if they feel unwell or display symptoms of CoVid 19.
- Clean all equipment used in the training session.
- Clean touch points in the toilet if a team member has had to use the toilet during a training session.
- Encourage all players to maintain social distancing guidelines.